With Chinese New Year 2020 not far away, preparations are sure to be well under way!
Chinese New Year in 2020 is on Saturday 25th January and according to the Chinese 12-year animal zodiac cycle, the Chinese year beginning in 2020 is the year of the Rat (with each Chinese zodiac year begining on Chinese New Year's Day).
Christine Ho from www.christinesrecipes.com shares an easy to make baked coconut sticky rice cake (AKA Baked Chinese New Year Cake) on her website using coconut cream:
- 10 eggs
- 500 gm glutinous rice flour
- 2 cans coconut milk (about 500 ml each)
- 500 gm white sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Beat the eggs and mix with sugar very well.
- Add coconut milk and glutinous flour, and combine until very smooth.
- Use a 24cm x30 cm baking tray, or two smaller trays. Don’t use any trays that are too deep, it’s hard to cook through otherwise. Line a baking sheet at the bottom of the baking tray. Lightly brush or spray oil around the edges.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray, bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test it with a needle. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
Many of our suppliers & customers will be celebrating on Saturday and we wish you all a Happy New Year 2020!